Friday, January 27, 2017

THREE BASEBALL GLOVES, TO THAT TIME

You remember Huck in the woods when he heard that strange noise them ghosts make, when they have something on mind they can't make themselves understood about.

Except I don't believe in ghosts and I am perfectly a living human, the same would have happened to me today, when my little sister wanted to color my map for grammar, one Jemma prepared. I would have ended up producing strange sounds.

Fortunately, Ollie — as she calls herself — allowed some fair trade. I showed her a deck of Cincinnati Bengals. Really and seriously, I have another.

Hi, Bob here. Ollie loves chats on geography and grabs at everything she associates with Della.


You know there are four of them Aspects, Ms. Smith at school can tell them right away, the Simple, the Progressive, the Perfect, and the Perfect Progressive.

I happened to get confused: the Simple matter is Simple, and the Progressive is Progressive, but then, those Perfect and Progressive matters got mixed up somehow, I thought.

I showed you the map Jemma made, the matter with the effect. Jemma reckons we can be always ON our maps in our minds, and it is sometimes we figure if we talk about matters IN a spot of time, TO a spot of time, or AT a spot of time.

Well, sometimes we're just ON, like she was when she said she hated me 'cause I told her she could be a witch. I'm never gonna say't again, you understand.

We can figure what we get TO a time, like we have gotten TO a place. This marker can be the Perfect Aspect. It's the one with HAVE, so again I remembered easy, reckoning about my baseball gloves that I'd had before Jemma brought Buddie's puppies to show how big they'd got, and we forgot them for a while.


I'd had three baseball gloves, TO that time.

Let me say no more, especially on what I was feeling, in that time. I've got four gloves now, one from Jemma's dad, and I can reckon on that Perfect and Progressive matter. I can think this Perfect Progressive matter is like some business AT some "place in time". I can figure how I have been doing, how I had been doing, and even how I will have been doing.


I also can figure on other people, as well as creatures and matters. This is Buddie, a true Alsatian. She'll have been staying with me and Jemma for two hours, when the clock goes four.

Jemma named her Buddie 'cause when a puppie, Buddie always ran straight ahead when let out of the house, and out in the flower garden.